General Counsel, In-House - Healthcare Industry
Inspired Spine is a comprehensive and vertically integrated healthcare organization which develops and delivers a next-generation standard of care for the treatment of spine related ailments. Our world class treatment protocols and revolutionary minimally invasive surgical techniques for safely and effectively relieving back, neck and leg pain deliver substantially superior patient outcomes as compared to the current standard of care.
The in-house General Counsel will oversee and manage the provision of all company’s legal services to ensure maximum protection of its legal rights and to maintain its operations within the limits prescribed by law. This role provides strategic guidance, consultation and support to executive management on a comprehensive range of legal and associated issues involved in growing and managing the organization and its ownership.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to executive management and ownership on all legal matters relevant to a dynamic and growing company, including personnel law, risk management, policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and laws pertaining to real estate transactions, contracts, tax matters, worker's compensation, liability and insurance matters and other laws and regulations;
- Anticipate and identify legal issues and incorporate the feedback of executive management to develop legal strategies and solutions;
- Review, research, interpret and prepare written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues;
- Prepare, review and approve policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws and other legal documents;
- Prepare contracts, leases and other legal documents; researches egal issues and recommend revisions ,as necessary;
- Represent the organization in judicial / administrative proceedings and in negotiations with other state and federal agencies;
- Handle all claims and litigation and select, retain and manage outside counsel, as required;.
- Consult on, develop and implement strategies to resolve difficult, or sensitive issues;
- Provide training to the organization on various legal issues through seminars and meetings;
- Coordinate with corporate medical counsel to ensure compliance with law and regulations;
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association accredited law school;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified;
- Member of MN State Bar;
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to executive management on a wide range of legal and policy issues; experience in medical law, a plus;
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government.
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Knowledge of contract law.
$150K annual base salary plus benefits