General Counsel - Healthcare/Real Estate/Corporate Sector
Inspired Spine is a comprehensive and vertically integrated healthcare organization, which develops and delivers a next-generation standard of care for the treatment of spine-related ailments. Our world class treatment protocols and revolutionary minimally invasive surgical techniques for safely and effectively relieving back, neck and leg pain, deliver substantially superior patient outcomes as compared to the current standard of care.
Oversees and manages the provision of all legal services to Inspired Spine Enterprise to ensure maximum protection of its legal rights and to maintain its operations within the limits prescribed by law. Provides strategic guidance, consultation, and support to executive management on a comprehensive range of legal and associated issues involved in growing and managing the organization and its ownership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to executive management and ownership on all legal matters relevant to a dynamic and growing company, including employment law, risk management, policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and laws pertaining to healthcare, real estate, corporate, contracts, tax law, worker's compensation, liability, insurance matters and other laws and regulations;
- Anticipate and identify legal issues and incorporate the feedback of executive management to develop legal strategies and solutions;
- Review, research, interpret and prepare written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues;
- Prepare, review and approve policies and procedures on external contracts to ensure consistency, compliance and adherence to corporate guidelines;
- Advise, review, negotiate, draft, and revise contracts, real estate contracts and leases, term sheets, and other legal documents, research legal issues;
- Advise Inspired Spine affiliated companies on a variety of corporate, human resource, regulatory and insurance matters;
- Review and approve all marketing materials and corporate communications including press releases, advertising, promotional materials and product labeling;
- Oversee and manage all company litigation, including product liability claims, employment claims, contractual and commercial claims; Select, retain and manage outside counsel, as required;.
- Consult on, develop and implement strategies to resolve difficult, or sensitive issues;
- Provide training to the Inspired Spine affiliated companies organization on various legal issues through seminars and meetings;
- Attend board meetings of Inspired Spine affiliated companies, draft and maintain Board minutes and appropriate Board resolutions
- Coordinate with corporate medical healthcare counsel to ensure compliance with law and regulations;
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association accredited law school;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified;
- Member of MN State Bar and ability to practice law in the state of Minnesota;
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to executive management on a wide range of legal and policy issues; experience in the physician clinic and/or medical device field law, a plus;
- Excellent organization skill and ability to communicate effectively;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Ability to balance legal and business risk;
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills;
- Mental Demands – work is detailed oriented, often with multiple priorities. The environment is deadline sensitive and may be exposed to high-pressure situations.
$150K annual base salary plus benefits