Project Manager (Technical) Civil / Oil & Gas - Gulf Region - Remote
MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE PROOF OF BOTH, IF NOT 3 COVID VACCINATIONS.
Bardex Corporation is a world-leader in the design and manufacturing of heavy hydraulic equipment for off-shore oil and gas, as well as the marine and shipyard industries. Bardex sells system level solutions for a variety of products, which include deep-water mooring systems; oil field skidding, leveling and restraining systems; and shiplift systems for government and commercial shipyards. Bardex is an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company and has been in private operation since 1960.
The Project Manager plans and executes projects for custom-engineered system solutions for the off-shore oil and gas industry. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering heavy industrial, manufactured products for oil and gas EPC contracts.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage projects from bid through closure, while ensuring on-time delivery and profitability for assigned projects; support new-business proposals and build and sustain strong customer relationships;
- Analyze customer contracts and specifications; recommend changes when appropriate; participate in customer negotiations for reasonable and fair terms;
- Identify and manage project risks / mitigations; define projects’ scope, goals and deliverables in support of business goals and in collaboration with senior management;
- Effectively communicate contract scope, specifications and internal requirements to the project team; ensure requirements are met throughout the process;
- Develop comprehensive project plans, budgets and schedules using appropriate tools;
- Direct and manage internal project teams consisting of departmental managers, employees and outside contractors and suppliers;
- Serve as primary contact with customers; effectively manage and control customer relationships with correspondence and interaction throughout project; build relationships to generate future work
- Chair project status meetings with all responsible departments to monitor project execution;
- Track project milestones and deliverables, while managing project deficiencies and critical paths
- Develop and deliver progress reports / presentations to customers and senior management;
- Identify and manage all changes to projects’ scope; maintain company interests and meet customer needs at all times; ensure all project changes are contractually approved and authorized appropriately;
- Work continuously to improve processes and operations to decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively / jointly to provide quality internal and external customer service.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering; or equivalent experience managing complex, large-scale heavy industrial, custom engineered and manufactured products for oil and gas projects;
- 1-5 years of demonstrated managerial experience within a similar role;
- Knowledge of design, purchase, manufacture, testing and transportation of custom machine equipment items and systems for use in the marine or civil engineering industry;
- Proficiency in scheduling and estimating;
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and engineering concepts;
- Excellent written and verbal communicating skills;
- Willingness to travel abroad.
$105K - $140K base salary DOE for this full-time, exempt position.
Medical, dental, vision, accident/disability insurance; 401K after 6 months of employment; company stock ownership after 1 year of employment; 6 paid public holidays; 2 floating holidays; 15 days of paid time off during the 1st year of employment and increasing incrementally thereafter.
Gulf Region – Remote Position